Sunday, May 11, 2008

Hope of America




This was Hope of America in Provo, Utah at the Marriott Center. Alissa and Mariah and their friend Samantha Dela Cruz were in the yellow part of the crowd and they sang patriotic songs and did hand and dance movements. It was an amazing site. The highlight for me was a 92 year old lady who danced around all by herself and at the end did the splits. She got a standing ovation. That for me symbolized the strength of our country and the freedom to be free and prove the nay sayers wrong. She did the unbelievable. I love stuff like that.

Down below there is a video clip of the girls singing the last song about America being a light to the world. Very touching. It was very emotional. It sure gives you hope for our country when you see children perform like that. It was an amazing event that avoided all the pitfalls of such shows. It was just a very patriotic night filled with lots of great entertainment.



2 comments:

Margie and Mark said...

I really miss patriotic stuff like that. The only time the French get misty-eyed is when one of their sports' teams wins :) It's great your girls were able to participate in such a cool event--what a great experience for them. God bless the USA!

Tim and Susie White said...

Susie(proud mom) here. I could play this second song over and over again. The light movements were really effective in the dark and if you know the lyrics (like I do since I had to listen to the girls practice with their cd -ALOT:)they coordinated in a touching way to "so let your light so shine, helping others on their way, we can turn the darkest night into a brighter day....the Hope of America!" I tell you the youth today realy are our future and I thought this was a neat program. They sang about 7 other songs. My other favorite was one about Martin Luther King Jr. and began with his "I have a dream" speech being played on the jumbotron screen. I think it's called..."I have a Dream"! My girls love music and it's one of the things that bonds us as a family of mostly women. We can get sappy with it!

 
Food Storage Analyzer™ Preparedness Pantry Blog